Dr. Devinder Mangat’s surgical mastery and multiple roles within the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and other medical boards have helped the doctor build an unparalleled reputation and legacy among America’s most trusted and well-known cosmetic facial plastic surgeons. And while Dr. Mangat is grateful for his success, he is often the first to point that his success is due not only to his natural talent and years of training and refining his skills, but also to the confidence his parents had in him and to each and every patient who has come to him expecting only the best results.
Dr. Mangat strives to make patient satisfaction and safety his primary concern. The doctor listens carefully to each patient’s hopes and goals while reviewing medical records and assessing patient health. Cosmetic facial plastic surgery is a serious decision and Dr. Mangat always discusses the appropriate procedure and together with the patient make a surgical plan.
Since 2000, Dr. Mangat has received the honor of being voted "Best Doctors". This award is bestowed annually to top doctors in their fields and is voted on by their peers. He is the only Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon in Ohio, Kentucky, and Colorado to receive this distinction.
Dr. Mangat’s vast experience performing Facial Plastic Surgery is evidenced by the number of procedures he has performed including 3000+ Facelifts, 2000+ Rhinoplasties and 2500+ Blepharoplasties.
The Fellowship program is a highly competitive, prestigious training opportunity lasting 12 months. Dr. Mangat mentors one fellow each year. During the course of the Fellowship year, the fellow gains valuable knowledge and experience in the breadth of cosmetic and reconstructive Facial Plastic Surgery, affording him/her the tools to become a successful facial plastic surgeon. The fellow practices as an associate and assists Dr. Mangat in the Colorado office. The fellow travels with Dr. Mangat on two one-week mission trips during the course of the fellowship year to perform reconstructive facial plastic surgery for underserved populations in Belize affected by congenital deformities, trauma, or tumors. Dr. Mangat has served as a fellowship director for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery since 1987.
- Medical School: University of Kentucky Medical Center
- Rotating Internship: University of Iowa, Hospitals and Clinics
- Residency in General Surgery: University of Kentucky
- Residency in Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery: University of Oklahoma
- Fellowship, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: McCollough Facial Surgery Clinic, Birmingham, Alabama
- Board Certified, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Phi Eta Sigma Honors Fraternity
- Professor for Facial Plastic Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- President, 1999-2000 American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- President, 2001-2004American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Mangat Pro Bono Work
Dr. Mangat performs plastic surgery in Belize helping the less fortunate with his pro bono work. Dr. Mangat has been helping the Belize community for years to help correct facial deformities for their residents.
The photos to the right are from a mission trip to Belize in 2016. In the photos, Dr. Mangat and Dr. Frankel are performing at Microtio repair.